3 Perfect Homemade Protein Shake Recipes for Muscle Gain
As a fitness enthusiast, protein consumption is the very first thing that will increase when you start working. Experts believe that protein is not just important for helping you gain muscle but also for healing injuries much faster, boosting your metabolism, and also for the sake of weight loss. I think you must have understood why you should boost your protein intake.
Within protein shakes available in the market you will find multiple ingredients. These ingredients are mixed to make the protein shakes more flavorful and palatable so people can come back for more because they enjoy the flavor. Apart from this, you will get combination-based protein shakes where you will have a mix of synthetic and organic ingredients.
Why Synthetic Protein Mixes Are Losing Their Credibility?
As protein shakes are becoming popular more companies are coming forth to offer protein mixes. These companies are also claiming that by consuming their brand you will gain much faster and the results will be better. However, according to a recent study by Harvard health, protein shakes have a very specific taste, texture, and ingredient list that they follow.
In case you end up mixing them with milk, juice, or any other liquid, you will notice a change in their chemical composition as well as their solubility. In short, unless you are not sure about the ingredients and the solubility ratio offered by the brand, you will never be able to benefit from the protein shake as promised by the company. This is the reason more people are switching to natural protein shakes and natural ingredients. With the help of this article, we will look at some of the ingredients that are essential for protein mixes. We will then look at the combination of these ingredients and if they work regardless of the mixes that are offered. Finally, we will look at some of the simple homemade protein shakes that you can try.
Benefits of Protein Shakes
- Promote muscle gain
- Helps in healing
- Improves recovery speed
- Promote the performance
- Prevents muscle loss
- Increase the muscle mass even when you are losing weight
Ingredients in the Protein Powder Shakes
Usually when you get store-bought protein shakes you will notice that they come with the ingredient list. Within these ingredients, you will find sugar, protein derivative, caffeine, flavor enhancers, perseverates, energy boosters, and some synthetic ingredients like CLA and HMB. One of the major issues with these ingredients is that although the main component is the protein you are also consuming a lot of other things like sugar and caffeine. This limits your food options because excess sugar and caffeine can make you jittery. Moreover, some of the protein mixes come with the restriction that you cannot add them to milk or juice which leaves you with very limited solvent options. This means that while preparing these protein shakes, you always need to stay mindful of the ingredients and the side effects. This is one of the main reasons more people are switching to natural ingredients so they can keep track of the ingredients and the things they are adding to their diet.
11 Simple Ingredients to Add To Your Protein Shakes
- To make sure your protein shake has a good taste and texture, you need to monitor the ingredients that you are adding to it. The ingredients need to be fresh, and long-lasting and must also be protein packed. Here are some simple and easily available ingredients that you can add to your protein shake.
- Protein-based seeds like plant-based seeds, chia, flax, sunflower seeds, and dry nuts seeds.
- You can also add a plant-based protein like pea protein or milk-based whey protein.
- You can also add some soluble base that can make the flavor and texture rich like yogurt, milk, or cheese.
- Add a natural sweetener like maple syrup, honey, or any natural nectar.
- If you are lactose intolerant you can add plant-based milk like cashew, soy, or almond milk
- To make the texture velvety smooth add some plant-based butter like almond butter, cashew butter, or just almond butter.
- Use oats, hemp, or simple chia seeds to make the texture a little thicker
- For enhanced flavor add some fruit like apple, mango, banana, or avocado
- Add some chocolate or cocoa for better flavor and some basic spices like salt, cinnamon, or nutmeg
- You can also add coffee for natural caffeine and add some ice as well.
3 Simple and Tasty Protein Shake Recipes
One of the simplest protein shakes on our list is the basic nut shake. You can add bananas, peanut butter, some dry fruits especially dates, almonds, cashew, and plant seeds. Then add chia seeds for texture and oats so you can stay full. You can also add fruits and some bananas if you like.
The second protein shake you can try is the mix that will keep you full but also you will be able to enjoy natural fruits. You have to add some frozen bananas, mango, and strawberries. Then add any plant-based milk of your choice. You also need to add Greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon, and a spoonful of peanut and almond butter. This is a perfect mix of fruity cake and nourishing freshness.
The third protein shake is something that will help you make a powder and then use it throughout. You can simply make this and add it to a jar so you can use it anytime you like. For this, you will need one cup of all your favorite dry fruits. This can include peanuts, walnuts, almonds, and cashews. Now add all the seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds. Finally, add oats and some roasted chickpea powder and run the processor. You will get a powder that you can add to the milk of your choice anytime and you will get a flavorful protein shake.
To sum it all up, natural and homemade protein shakes are much better than store-bought synthetic protein shakes. This helps you to know what you are consuming as well as how you can change the texture, taste and nutritional value according to your requirement anytime.