Why shouldn’t you ignore mold in your home?

Why shouldn’t you ignore mold in your home?

Are you turning a blind eye to the mold growing in your home? Don’t be fooled by its seemingly harmless appearance – mold can cause serious health problems and damage to your property. In this blog post, we’ll delve into why ignoring mold is not only unwise but potentially dangerous. So put down that bleach spray and read on to learn more about the importance of addressing mold in your home.

Reasons why you should not ignore mold in your home

Structural Damage

Mold grows in places where structural damage has occurred such as:

Water damage in walls, floors and cabinets
– Electrical wires and electrical fixtures
– Home built on unstable or sandy soil
– Construction debris
– Gas lines
– Foundation issues such as water intrusion, sagging, and pile-up
– Crawlspaces, under-laying materials, and basements
– Stairwells and railings
– Fences and other vegetation
– Graffiti
– Trash and other organic matter
– Unhealthy air conditions

If you notice any of these problems in your home, it’s important to get it checked out right away. Hire a certified mold inspection company to inspect the problem. The method of removal depends on the growth pattern of the mold, so it’s a great idea to hire a professional and get it fixed correctly so that you don’t get into trouble in the future.

Reduce Air Quality

When it comes to air quality, mold is a big no-no. Mold spores can travel through the air and enter your lungs, causing all sorts of respiratory problems. Even if you don’t have any health issues, breathing in mold spores can cause coughing, sneezing, and watery eyes.


Although most people associate mold with allergies and asthma, it can also cause conditions such as: – Allergic conjunctivitis – Allergic rhinitis – Dermatitis – Fungal infections – Gait and leg cramps – Housekeeping issues – Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea – Respiratory diseases – Sore throat – Sinus problems – Tinnitus ( ringing in the ears) – Itchiness – Tingling – watering eyes – Vomiting – All of these issues can be caused by a contaminated home.

Damage to Home goods

When moisture is allowed to penetrate into the smallest of spaces like a bookshelf or a computer desk, it can find its way into your home through cracks and holes in walls.

Here are some of the signs that may indicate a problem with your home’s walls:

– “Wetness” – when you swab a surface with a moist rag, it should feel moist but not damp.
– Greyish – colored staining on walls
– Bruising on walls
– “Wet” or “wet-looking” walls
– Smelling like mildew or urine
– Poking and prodding walls
– Lack of air flow through walls
– Risk of mold growth


Mold is a common and harmful fungi that grows both indoors and outdoors. It can cause allergies, asthma, and even death. Keeping your home free of molds is important for your health and the health of those around you. The best way to do this is to get started by identifying potential problems with your home. If you notice any signs of mold in your home, it’s important to get it checked out right away. Keep in mind that mold growth does not occur in a vacuum. Moisture from different sources such as water, humidity, air conditioning, household furnishings, and between floors can all encourage mold growth.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 + = 11